Our meetings will not only have opportunities to bring in donations and raise funds through our raffles and silent auctions for JOIN but we wanted the opportunity to give a more "hands on" approach so on Thursday, September 29th from 10am -1pm the morning of our TopGolf Member Event we are organizing a volunteer day coordinated with JOIN. Our volunteers will help with organizing, cleaning and small building projects. Crucial tasks that keep the JOIN offices operating smoothly to help our community. We are looking for 15-20 volunteers and hope you can join us! Bring co-workers, friends and family, just register them as a guest with your registration so we can keep a head count.
Portland Relocation Council Volunteer Day
1435 NE 81st Avenue, Suite 100
Portland, OR, 97213
About JOIN: JOIN exists to support the efforts of homeless individuals and families to transition out of homelessness into permanent housing. Our efforts are directed at individuals sleeping outside or in their car in the Portland Metro area. Our service provision is not dependent on age, gender, race, ethnicity, faith, culture, language, sexual identity, specific diagnosis, or identifiable issue.
2015 SERVICE ACHIEVEMENTS
- JOIN helped 806 individuals transition from homelessness to permanent housing
- This includes 109 families caring for 274 children under the age of 18
- 84 of these households were chronically homeless single individuals
- 74% of the households we helped into housing retained their housing for at least 12 months
- JOIN’s retention team made more than 14,000 friendly visits to people in their new homes
- JOIN serves an average of 200 individuals each week at our “House” or basic service center
- The racial and ethnic breakdown reveals that of the total people housed, 51% are white, 30% are African American, 8% are Latino/Hispanic, 5% are Native American, 3% are Native Hawaiian or Pacific Islander, and 2% are Asian
For more information see our Social Responsibility page or contact Ross Buckley at email@example.com.